Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Another fun filled day...

My abdomen started to fill back up with the fluid (official name is acites), so I went in for another paracentisis treatment today. They were able to drain 3 liters this time. I feel like it is a ton, but apparently, there are people who get 9 liters drained at a time. That is just ridiculous!

I also got my chemo started today. I stay hooked up to this continuous drip of chemo Monday through Friday each week (again, Cancer doesn't work on weekends). A line is hooked up to the mediport and attached to a pump that is a bit larger than an iPhone. Having this continuous pump is much better than sitting around in an infusion center, BUT it does requires me to carry around a small man-bag. It is really the size of a small camera case, but none-the-less, I am not excited about it. It didn't help when I overheard Cooper telling Jess, "I like Dad's new purse." Way to kick a man when he is down! Oh, and and should I be concerned that my almost 5 yr. old son was admiring my 'purse'???




No comments:

Post a Comment